Investigating Science JC
- Regular price
- Sale price
- Regular price
- Unit price
Investigating Science is an exciting new textbook for Junior Cycle Science. The inquiry-based approach allows students to actively seek solutions, design investigations and ask new questions as they learn about the nature of science.
- Learning outcomes are referenced for the teacher and translated into student-friendly learning intentions.
- The Nature of Science strand is integrated throughout and referenced in the learning outcomes.
- Keywords at the start of each unit assist with literacy strategies.
- Lightbulb questions throughout the units encourage students to explore their prior knowledge.
- Investigations develop an understanding of scientific processes and how to use evidence to support explanations and develop inquiry skills.
- Demonstrations can be done by the teacher, but some are easily converted into whole-class exercises.
- Concise and student-friendly definitions of key concepts present an appropriate level of information.
- Checkpoint questions throughout the units can be used as a form of assessment for learning (AfL) and as homework.
- The ‘What I have learned’ summary at the end of each unit allows for assessment of progress.
- Question Time at the end of each unit incorporates fill in the blanks, comprehension and inquiry questions.
There is a FREE eBOOK with this textbook! Your unique code is on the inside front cover. INVESTIGATING SCIENCE WORKBOOK : FREE with each textbook purchased, this valuable resource provides wordsearches/crosswords and additional questions for every unit in the textbook.>
Adding product to your cart